When it comes to first impressions, curb appeal is everything, especially when selling your house.
Before a potential buyer even steps foot into your property, they may make decisions and opinions based on how the exterior looks. People looking from the outside can make assumptions on what might be on the inside of your home’s walls, and the exterior could determine whether or not buyers even want to peek inside. Because of this, if you want to maximize your home’s worth and value, it is essential to include improving the exterior of your home as you get ready to list your property for sale.
Read more about how you can boost your property’s appeal below.
Boosting Your Home’s Curb Appeal
We’ve always been taught never to judge a book by its cover, but in the world of real estate, the rules are a bit different. If you want to leave a good impression on potential buyers, here are five tried-and-true ways to improve the exterior of your home:
- Swap Out Old Hardware — Your old mailbox, house numbers, light fixtures, and doorknobs are preventing your home from looking its best. New and updated hardware can add interest and style to your property’s exterior and really improve the way it looks and feels.
- Front Door TLC — The front door of your house has probably taken a good beating over the last however-long-you’ve-lived-there. Between regular use and constant exposure to the elements, that front door could use some serious TLC. Give it a new coat of paint in an updated, universally loved color that matches the aesthetic of your house and polish your doorknob and other door fixtures.
- Landscaping Love — Your front yard and flower beds play a huge role in curb appeal. Lawns that are overgrown, patchy, or yellow and gardens full of weeds don’t do much for potential buyers, so dedicating a Saturday morning or two to pulling weeds and mowing your lawn is well worth it.
- Add Some Greenery — Once you’ve gotten your landscaping under control, make sure to add some flowers and other plants to your flower beds, and don’t forget to add some planters on your porch and either side of your front door.
- Exterior Materials — The exterior of your house could probably use some attention. Depending on the condition of your home and the materials used to wrap it, this could mean a simple spray down and wash, a few repairs, a couple of coats of paint, or a complete replacement. Make sure you also take a look at the condition of your gutters and downspouts.
Forget About Boosting Your Curb Appeal! Contact Sell Your OKC Home Today
Boosting your property’s appeal can be expensive and time-consuming. If you want to sell your house but don’t want to put in the time, effort, and cash it takes to get it “list-ready,” contact the home buying experts at Sell Your OKC Home today! We want to buy your Oklahoma City home as-is, which means you don’t have to worry about making repairs, renovations, cleaning, or working to boost your home’s curb appeal. Contact Sell Your OKC Home today for your fair, all-cash offer.