If you want to add value to your home in Oklahoma City, there are several projects you can do, and our pros are here to help.
Whether you’re getting your property ready to sell or simply want to improve your own living space, you want to complete a few projects to increase the value of your house. Many things will improve the function, boost its beauty, and add value to your home and, with a bit of work, you can get these projects done to improve your property’s appeal and investment potential.
Read more below to find out how you can increase the value of your Oklahoma City property.
7 Projects That Add Value to Your Home
If you’re hoping for a better return on your investment, there are many different projects you can do to boost the value of your property:
- Improve Curb Appeal — First impressions are crucial in the real estate world, and improving your landscaping and home exterior can pay off. You don’t need to spend a lot of money to get it looking good, either! It may take a week or two, but by shaping the trees and bushes, greening up your lawn, removing weeds, and planting flowers, you can make an impactful difference. Additionally, you’ll want to make any necessary repairs to your hardscaping and the exterior of your home.
- Roof Repairs — If your roof requires repairs, make them before listing your property. After the home inspection, you’ll probably have to make these repairs anyway, or at least offer your buyers a credit to get the job done, which may cost you more in the long run.
- Bathroom Renovation — Taking your bathrooms from dated and dingy to bright and modern can significantly increase the value of your home. If you want to do the job on a budget, swap out old hardware, resurface the bathtub, paint your cabinets, and replace the shower curtain with European doors.
- Fresh Paint — A fresh coat of paint in a modern and universally-appealing color inside and out can significantly increase the value of your Oklahoma City home. The best part is painting is relatively painless and inexpensive.
- Add More Livable Square Feet — Finishing your basement or attic is a great way to add desired square footage, especially when you transform these spaces into additional bedrooms, bathrooms, and living space. Or, if your city’s zoning laws allow, you may want to think about adding a Mother-in-Law rental suite to your home that can lower your monthly cost of living.
- Make Outdoor Living Space — Adding a deck to your home, or giving a makeover to the existing one is typically worth doing! Decks increase the living area but cost a lot less to build per square foot.
- Kitchen Update — If your kitchen is stuck in a different era, an update can boost your home’s value. If you plan to list your home, just make sure you don’t go too overboard and create a gourmet pitch that’s out-of-reach for the average homebuyer. You may not get your money back when investing in state-of-the-art culinary equipment.
Contact Sell Your OKC Home Today!
Taking time to add value to your home can require plenty of effort and money. If you don’t want to invest the time or dollars, contact Sell Your OKC Home. Our team wants to buy your property in its current condition — you won’t need to make repairs, renovations, or clean it! For a hassle-free sale of your Oklahoma City home, contact us to get your fair, all-cash offer today.