Staging your home is one of the smartest things you can do when you put your house on the market.
When you list your house on the market, presentation and preparation are essential in boosting your property’s value and increasing interest from potential buyers. Of course, improving your curb appeal can certainly help, but it’s what is on the inside that counts for most buyers. If you want to get top dollar for your home, you’ll want it to look its best which means staging your house. Thankfully, staging your property does not have to be expensive or even all that time-consuming. With a few minor staging tweaks here and there, your home will be ready to sell.
Continue reading to learn more.
3 Tips From the Experts for Staging Your Home
Make it Light and Bright — While this might seem obvious, many sellers forget this important step! Taking a light and bright approach in each room in the house will appeal to most buyers and can help your space appear bigger. Here’s what you can do:
- Let in as much natural Light as possible — open your curtains and pull up the blinds. This could also mean washing the inside and outside of your windows.
- Turn on your lights, interior and exterior, and invest in additional lighting fixtures, such as table and floor lamps, if necessary.
- Light and bright can also mean a quick refresh on your paint to a lighter, brighter, more buyer-friendly color that appeals to the masses.
Let Your Space Shine — When you’re in the process of staging your home, it’s a good time to think critically about your floor plan and how you have your home set up and the decor. Does your furniture placement maximize and showcase your home? Is your home clean and organized? Is the decor in your house thoughtfully placed? If you can’t answer “yes” to either of those questions, here’s what to do:
- Remove any bulky or oversized furniture and replace it with something that fits the space.
- Arrange furniture in a way that makes sense for your floor plan.
- Declutter your entire house — it is very distracting and makes your home feel smaller than it is. Yes, even your garage and closets.
- If the decor in your home is not contributing functionally or visually to the space, consider removing it.
Shed Light on the Possibilities — It is vital to show potential buyers all the possibilities your house offers. By creatively utilizing every space in your home, you increase its value. Here are a couple of ways you can do that:
- Does your house have a small nook or space? Create a children’s play area or workspace with a desk.
- Place a bookshelf or floating shelves in challenging spaces.
Selling Your House? Contact Sell Your OKC Home Today
If you are selling your house but don’t want to deal with the hassles of getting your property ready to list, like making repairs or staging your home, contact the home buying professional at Sell Your OKC Home. Our team is here to make the process of selling your house easy — no cleaning, no repairs, no renovation! We want to buy your Oklahoma City property in its current condition for cash. Get your fair, all-cash offer by contacting Sell Your OKC Home today.