If you are selling your property and want to get top dollar, you should definitely consider staging your home.
Making a good first impression is critical in the world of real estate. The presentation of your home could make or break a sale, and a huge part of presenting your property is staging it to showcase the floor plan and highlight its best features. If you hope to get top dollar for your house, it needs to look its best.
Learn how you can get your list ready below.
5 Basic Tips for Staging Your Home
Make the most of your staging with the following suggestions:
- Cut the Clutter — Clutter is distracting to anyone, but especially to potential buyers. It’s hard to look past the piles of junk scattered everywhere; it really takes away from the functionality of your home, which is the last thing you want buyers to notice! As you get your home ready to list, pack away your personal photos, knickknacks, piles of mail, and anything else cluttering your house. Yes, this even means decluttering your drawers, closets, attic, garage, and basement! In addition to ridding your property of physical clutter, you’ll want to get rid of visual clutter and chaos, like any boldly colored accent walls. By sticking with neutral and universally-loved colors and design aesthetics, you can appeal to more buyers.
- Deep Clean — The next step is to clean your property thoroughly; clean the house from top to bottom. A deep clean will let potential buyers know that the home was well taken care of by the current owners and is in decent shape. Don’t forget to dust light fixtures and fans, window sills and baseboards, moldings, and trim work.
- Rearrange Your Furniture Layout — Now that your home is tidy and clean, you can get to moving around your furniture. The most important part of staging a home is to showcase the floor plan in the best way possible. Furnish the space in a way that naturally flows and utilizes the areas smartly and beautifully. Bring in furniture that fits the room, and remove anything that takes away from the space. A furnished home will help buyers visualize living in your home, so make it count!
- Bring In Contributing Elements — After your furniture is placed, bring in design elements, accent pieces, and decor that contribute to the space. Find items that go with your design aesthetic and fit the overall feel and theme. If it’s distracting in the slightest, get rid of it!
- Allow Light to Shine — A part of staging that is often overlooked is good lighting. Good lighting makes a huge difference, so turn on the lights, clean your windows, open the drapes and blinds, and bring in extra lighting if necessary. Boost your curb appeal instantly by turning on any exterior lights.
Forget About Staging Your Home and Contact Sell Your OKC Home Today!
Staging your home can be an overwhelming and pricey expense. If you want to sell your Oklahoma City property without the headaches and stresses of traditional listing methods, like staging your property, contact the experts at Sell Your OKC Home! You won’t have to worry about making costly repairs, paying fees and commissions, or preparing your house for showings — we want to buy your home in its current condition for cash! Contact our team of professionals to learn more today.